Tuesday, October 21, 2008

blurry vision

I went to the optometrist for the first time in about 2 years today. My eyes are doing pretty good, not as good as right after my Lasik surgery, but pretty good. 20/20 and 20/25, can't really complain. However that slight bit of near sightedness has been hard on me when I'm using the computer, so after 2 years of glassesless bliss; I now have 'computer glasses' to help my afternoon computer screen headaches. They were very accommodating and helped me find a pair that looked decent, didn't cost an arm and a leg, and called me on my cell when they were ready only 40 min later. I"m really hoping that they do the job!

I had forgotten how long it takes for the dialation to go away, it's been about 1.5 hrs since they put the drops in and my eyes are still almost totally black and the world is a very blurry place indeed. I feel like I'm looking at everything through a piece of plastic wrap. It is rather disconcerting to say the least. I wonder what my Son' s daycare is going to think when they see my eyes... I don't have a history of erratic behaviour with them so it *should* be OK, but one never knows. LOL

I was going to do a mini reading lesson with Son, review some letter sounds and tracing of letters, today. I may have to put that off till tomorrow, or just do the parts that have *BIG* print so my eyes don't have to strain so much. Somehow I don't think he'll mind the slight reprieve. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment