Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Interview Update 3

I did good on the interviews. I got so far that they asked for references from my previous supervisors. At that point I had to stop and take stock, was I so interested in changing jobs that I was willing to look up people from 8 yrs ago and talk to supervisors from within my company? This would be a big step, if I took it I would pretty much have to accept the offer if I got one.I thought about it a lot and talked to my husband about it. The end result is that I will be staying with my current job. We both agreed that 8 yrs of good will and seniority was worth sticking around for if they were willing to make some concessions. I will be getting a laptop and will be putting together a plan for my schedule so that I can still be part of the team but won't be faced with rush hour traffic on the way home everyday. My dream schedule would be to work in the office in the mornings and then use my lunch hour to drive home and work from home for the afternoons. I would then be able to pick up my son by 5:15pm instead of 5:55pm and would still see all the people in the office each day. By the time 3pm rolls around I am usually one of about 2 or 3 people left in the office. It is a very lonely place to be. If I could be at home instead and be flexible about being around if needed for certain projects, then it would be much better for me.Here's hoping I made the right choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment