Thursday, March 30, 2006

Phantom Cat

If you own a animal that is allowed to sleep on your bed I'm sure you know exactly how it feels when they jump up, walk over to you, and then lay down near you. For the last few years I have had incidents where I have felt exactly that. I could feel my cat laying next to me and be sure that my cat was just beside me almost touching the backs of my legs while I lay on my side. The odd thing is that when I lift up on my arm and look over to see which of my 2 cats came to visit, there is no cat there. I don't feel the cat move away and don't hear a thud as a cat jumps to the floor, and yet no cat. I'm not sure if it is one of my own cats being very stealthy or a Phantom Cat who has decided to stop in now and then for a visit.

Edit - 10pm: This has happened several times. Each time I see one of my cats somewhere else in the room totally relaxed on a perch blinking at me as if to say "why did you move? you woke me up." If it is a Phantom cat it sure is a friendly one. It always comes when I need the comfort of someone being close but don't need to be touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment