Thursday, March 9, 2006

First Entry

Well, we shall see how long I manage to keep this going. My last blog was very focused on one activity and kind of fizzled out when my life changed and took away my time/interest in blogging knitting. You can learn a bit more about me by looking at Justy's Knitting 'n Stuff, it is all about my knitting. My mental world has changed over the past 6 months to a year and I haven't been able to muster the energy to knit. Therefore, no new knitting entries for a while. I'm sure I will pick up my knitting again at some point. I do enjoy it and find it relaxing. I just have to start knitting for myself and not giving myself any deadlines. I find that if I have a specific date that something has to be done by, I can pretty much guarantee that it won't happen, or if it does get completed I am fighting to finish it rather than start something new. I think it is because I have this awful tendency to want to do the exact opposite of what I'm told to do. If I *have* to do something then I am compelled to prove that I didn't actually *have* to do it. Sabotage from within. I'm working on it, but it is an uphill battle. They say that admitting a problem is the first step, so I'm making some progress. :)

I recently took Reiki Level 1 training and have been giving free practice sessions to family and friends. It has been well received, but it is hard to get people to commit to staying still for an hour so that I can practice and they can relax. I have to do 10 1hr practice sessions before my instructor will let me move on to Level 2; and 25 1hr practice sessions and 6 months registered as a Student before I can register as a Reiki Practitioner with the CRA (Canadian Reiki Association). So far I have completed 4 practice sessions so only 6 to go before I register for Level 2 training. This is my long term goal. For now I am happy with what I can do in my own small circle, but I do feel drawn to help more people in the future and getting Level 2 will help to draw them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment