Thursday, May 28, 2009

Skin for eeePC

I managed to get an lovely Blue Eee PC a few months ago so that I could stop using my work laptop for websurfing after work hours. It s a very handy little system. I am actually starting to know where the function key is so that I can go "home" and "end" almost automatically. The screen is big enough to see webpages in full size and the touch pad and lovely built in scroll features so that most of the time I don't need to plug in my mouse. The battery life is awesome, occasionally the power cord will come unplugged and I won't notice till several hours later when I see the batter meter telling me I have 1/2 battery left, only 4 more hours of computing time. Makes me smile everytime I see that lovely long battery life. :)

The only thing I don't like about it is how many finger prints and smudges collect on the shiny blue surface. I think I have a solution for this though. When I first got my iPod I protected it with a beautiful iPod skin from DecalGirl.com. A quick wander through the menu and I found that I can get an Eee PC 1000HE skin from her too!!! Now I just have to pick one that goes with the dark blue of my netbook. I don't know if I should go with safe abstract or go for something a bit more daring. Will have to keep thinking about it for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment