Thursday, September 7, 2006

In Focus/Out of Focus

It’s interesting that the thing I tried to avoid when I got my last glasses prescription, which was having to *work* to focus my eye, is exactly what I have now. If I am looking at something or thinking about focusing everything is fine, but if I let my eyes ‘relax’ then it’s all blurry. I’m still not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. But I know it has to do with the fact that my left eye is 20/20 and my right eye really isn’t. I think that I am having to ‘work’ at making the 2 eyes work together to focus. This is resulting a few headaches which I had just gotten use to not having. *sigh* the things I do to myself eh?

I know that my vision can and will continue to improve over time, up to 3 months at least. It’s only been 3 weeks since my surgery was done and there is lots of time for my right eye to come into focus as well. But it is still annoying right now.

On the positive, I’ve been able to set my screen resolution back to where it was before the surgery. I had to make everything bigger for the first week so that I could read it, and after about 2 weeks I was able to set it back. This of course makes my eyes work harder… wonder if I should set it back? Or just live with it? Hmmmm, things to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment